Find a Builder
Use our on-line directory to find a member, a trusted local source, to talk with you about building your dream
Do Your Research – What are the Questions you should be asking? Hiring a member of the local Home Builders Association makes sense; your home is likely your biggest investment during your lifetime. Poor quality work can reduce the return on your investment and make your life miserable…Take the time to ask questions, and get responses you can live with. Here are some questions to get started:
- How long have you been in business?
- What type of guarantee do they offer?
- Do you have a permanent address I can visit?
- Will you provide me with the names of previous customers?
- Do you provide a clear written contract?
- Ask if they are registered with the state and if they build to the standards of the PA Building Code.
- Ask for an insurance certificate to verify current workers compensation and general liability insurance.
NAHB Consumer Page
– our PA Home Show
in March at the Harrisburg Farm Show Complex, and our Annual Parade of Homes
in the fall are great opportunities to get ideas, talk with contractors and suppliers, and to solidify your dreams.